Pages

Weight Loss Ticker

Monday, April 20, 2009

Week 112 Weigh-In


Last Week's Weight: 232 lbs.
Today's Weight: 232 lbs. (+/-0)
Total Lost: 148 lbs.

Fat Ratio: 19.5% (-1.2)
Lean Mass: 186.8 lbs. (+2.8)
Fat Mass: 45.2 lbs. (-2.8)
Waist: 43.5 inches (-1.0)

I was disappointed to see the scale number. My disappointment isn't with myself. I exercised. I ate healthy. I stuck to my training plan. My disappointment is simply in that I really wanted to be much lighter for my marathon. I am scheduled to be finished with the calorie restriction after this week. I don't want to be working on an energy deficit as I approach the race. I guess I should have started to the calorie restriction thing a month earlier. Oh well...coulda, shoulda, woulda.

On the other hand, I was pleasantly surprised at some of the other numbers. If my measurements were accurate, My fat ratio went down. I gained lean mass. I lost fat mass. I lost an entire inch off my waist. That is all huge in my book and I am very happy with that.

Perhaps the next week, I will continue to lose fat, but not gain any lean. That's my hope at least.

We had some great weather here at the end of last week. It got up to 70. I can't wait until we have that weather all the time. This week is starting off bad. Rain today, tomorrow, and Wednesday. Wednesday's rain is supposed to be mixed with snow (Boo!). However, I must ratchet up my miles this week, so I am doomed to run in the cold rain. I don't mind warm and rainy, but cold and rainy is simply miserable. I don't know how they do it in Oregon and Washington. I just hope that I don't get sick.

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right."--Henry Ford

Living Fit Is My #1 Job!

5 comments:

Sayre said...

That lean mass weighs more than the fat, you know. Could account for the scale not moving...

I did a quick update on my blog. I was in an accident last week so there's not a whole lot to report in the weightloss/exercise arena.

I am anxious to get back to it though!!!!

I am following your marathon journey with great interest, since I'm doing one in a couple of years!

Anonymous said...

At least you didn't gain ten pounds! Think positive, dude!!

Brad Clements said...

It was a success even if the scale didnt move. You still made strides as your lean mass increased... Get your running in.

Half Man said...

I am thinking positive. I don't consider this a failure in the sense of my journey of fitness. I am just disappointed because I am trying to lighten up as much as possible before the Marathon because of how much every extra pound will add to the wear, tear, and fatigue to my body and joints over all that distance.

henry C said...

nice job! keep up the great work! diet good and stay fit!