Pages

Weight Loss Ticker

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Clothing Size

The last couple of days, I noticed that my clothes fit better. I tend to buy clothing that is a bit too small. When I would gain weight, I tried to pretend that my clothing still fit. When it was too painfully obvious they did not, I really needed a couple of sized bigger than I was wearing. None the less, I would just buy the next size, saying to myself, "You'll lose the weight, so I don't want to buy clothes that will be too big in a couple of weeks." Talk about fooling myself.

Now that it has been over 6 weeks since I started living a fit lifestyle, I finally have noticed a difference. Mind you, my clothes are still too small, but the buttons do not strain as much, the belt does not cut in as much, and I don't feel quite so uncomfortable in my clothes.

It used to be that when the days activities were over and I was in for the night, I would hurry to change into some sweat pants and an oversized sweatshirt. That was the only time I felt comfortable. I still find them comfortable, but I no longer rush to change because I am so miserable in my regular clothing.

This time as I lose weight, I am going to wait until it is painfully (joyfully) obvious that they are just way too big for me. I am not sure how long that will take, but I will sure enjoy the first time I need to get some new clothes. It will happen, I just need to be patient.

No comments: