Pages

Weight Loss Ticker

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Mid-week winter blues

It's Wednesday and I had a terrible night's sleep. I felt like I was awake all night mulling over work problems. I thought with the exercise routine, I would go out like a flash every night. Mostly, I have. Last night, I did not. I might have a new job offer in a week and a half. I am not sure if I would take it even if I got it. However, the winters here in northern Michigan have really got me down. That combined with work problems and the issue that my wife and I never felt that we fit into this community. After 6 years, we have made no close friends. Certainly, there are nice people here, but there seems to be even more that seem cold.

Perhaps, I am just suffering from the mid-winter blues. Lack of sunshine and outdoor activities can do that to you. Although, I had hoped that my healthy eating habits and exercise routine would help by now. Maybe I need a few more weeks. Maybe it is working and I would be comotose from depression if not for my living fit lifestyle.

I hate this feeling, and I wish it would go away.

No comments: