Pages

Weight Loss Ticker

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Burn Fat Fast! Lose 30 lbs. in 3 weeks!

I hate saying all these adds promising quick, fast, easy, long-term weight loss. If it were that easy and that fast, who would be fat?

I know I have set some high weight loss goal for myself, but they are just a guide. Should I not meet those goals, I won't quit. I will adjust them to be a little more realistic.

My ultimate goal is not weight loss, but living a fit lifestyle. Losing the weight is only one component. Actually, it's an outcome. Okay, maybe it's both. Eating healthy and an exercise routine are the two key components to living a fit lifestyle. As a result, I am losing weight. Losing weight is making me more fit as well.

If make losing weight my goal, that means there is end; a time when what I am doing stops. I could then switch and make keeping the weight off my goal. In mind, I don't think that will work for me.

I don't just want a number on the scale, I want to be able to scale the rock climb at the mall. I don't just want a certain waist size, I want to waste an oponent in raquetball. I don't just want to encourage my kids to be active, I want to be active with them.

Sure I would like to step on the scale Monday and be at me goal weight. I know that won't happen. It will be a looooong time before that happens. What I can do right now is live a fit lifestyle. I can do that right now. I will do it for the rest of my life.

No comments: