Pages

Weight Loss Ticker

Monday, May 28, 2007

Week 17 Weigh-In

This morning I weighed 322.4 lbs. This is a 1.6 lb. loss from last week and a total of 57.6 lbs. total. So much for the 2 week cycle theory. I must admit I am disappointed. I thought for sure I lose 4 lbs. or more this week.

Oh well, I have nothing to complain about. 1.6 lb. is a respectable loss in my book. I am certainly not dissuaded. Just the opposite is true. I am determined to keep going. For me it is not just about the weight loss. It's about fitness. The weight loss figures pretty heavily into the over all goal of fitness. I know that I have been eating healthy and I am committed to an exercise routine. This has changed my life in more ways than weight loss.

1. I actively play more with my kids.
2. I get outside more.
3. I am riding my bike again.
4. As I plan my day, I do so with exercise and healthy eating in mind.
5. I have found a great group of supportive people online (You!).
6. I am fitting into smaller clothes.
7. Though I am having my ups and downs, I am dealing with stress much better than I would have before.
8. Instead of wondering how fat I will get, I wonder how long it will take to get to a healthy weight.
9. Instead of fearing getting all the medical problems that come with obesity and an early death, I think about enjoying a nice long life, God willing.
10. I am being a good role model for my children.

In other words, the slow down on the scale cannot undo all those things (and probably more which I just didn't think of at the moment). Certainly losing the weight is of great importance to me. I can hardly call myself fit when I weigh so much. However, I am living a fit lifestyle. This is the way I now live my life. The weight will continue to come off and I will get fit!

Living Fit Is My #1 Job!

5 comments:

"The Captain" said...

I think if there was one virtue that was essential to weight loss it would be patience. Good job on your loss. If you times that 1.6 times 52 you are over 80 lbs. lighter by this time next year. Also, a slower weight loss lets your body add muscles through bodybuilding. Keep it up.
Jeff

Kim Ayres said...

It's one of those things to remember that we start getting the benefits of eating healthily and losing weight after quite a short time. Before we started, most of us would have thought that we'd have had to lose vast amounts before we gained the slightest benefits.

Well done!

angelfish24 said...

Way to go on your loss! That's good. I'm happy with a one pound loss when I can get one.
I like what you say about not wondering if you will get fatter but how long it will take to get thinner.
You're doing awesome and I will keep plugging away. When I'm out on my bike on the trail, I think of how far I have come from the couch potato that I was.

Moby Dick said...

Good loss!! Excellente!

TitanThirteen said...

A loss is a loss is a good loss!
Good on you for staying positive and recognising the benifits already! That's encouraging for the rest of us :o)