Saturday, June 23, 2007
Where's the Energy? Part 2
Thinking through the whole energy issue, I have some guesses at where the energy is.
1) I am exercising 1-2 hours a day, 6 days a week (I think that take a little bit of energy).
2) Cleaning and fixing things in my dads house about 1 day a week.
3) Work 6 days a week
4) Playing with kids each day
5) Yard work 2 hours a week (just enough time to maintain)
6) Losing weight (I imagine, though I am not certain, that whatever metabolic activities are involved in losing weight (hopefully fat) take more energy than maintaining or gaining)
Perhaps with all this going on, my body simply has not had enough time to adjust and reach an equilibrium where the energy level have a chance to bypass the demand. With the amount of weight that I have lost and hope to continue to lose, it may be a long time before that happens. Regardless, 6 months ago I would not have had the energy to do what I do today even if I don't feel peppy about it.
Oh well, the new baby will be here in about a month so I will have to muster all kinds of energy to deal with all the same ole + all that my wife does (which is quite substantial) + the demands of the new baby. BTW, that will make child #5. That's right I said FIVE!!!!!
Living Fit Is My #1 Job!