Pages

Weight Loss Ticker

Monday, June 11, 2007

Week 19 Weigh-In

This morning I weighed 315.4 lbs. This is a 3.6 lb. loss from last week and a 64.6 lb. overall loss. I have moved from losing an 8 year old to losing a 9 year old. Strange since I had a poor attitude this last week. I was eating more than usual at suppers and the exercise routine seemed more of a drudgery last week. I was also pretty cranky all week. In addition, the scale was not moving much during the week. So this was a very nice, unexpected surprise. I will take it.

The website I gave last time which calculates your body fat based on a few measurements does not allow for fractional sizes. Perhaps, the fractions don't make that much different, but I wanted to use the fractions anyhow. Well, I found the formula. This is for men over the age of 30: Waist+(1/2Hips)-(2.7xForearms)-Wrist=%Body Fat. For me, the result is 37% Body Fat with 198.7 lbs. Lean Mass and 116.7 lbs Fat. This is a change from last week, but I am not putting much stock into it yet. I am not at all confident with that my waist and hip measurements are accurate. If this were accurate, that would mean that I would have a healthy weight at 233.8 lbs having 15% body fat. Somehow that just doesn't seem right. It's not something I need to worry about for a long time anyhow.

I do find it a bit odd that if I wore pants that matched my waist size, they would fall off. In fact, the pants I wear are several inches smaller. I don't know if the manufacturers fudge on the pants sizes or what. I need to use the tape measure on the pants.

Oh yes, one more cool thing happened this week. Saturday, someone asked me if I had lost weight. This was the first time since I began my journey of fitness. It took almost 65 lbs. for someone to notice, lol. I can't see it myself, but that's okay. I know by the way my clothes fit (or don't fit anymore) as well as the scale. It sure was thrilling to hear it though.

Finally, this is my week off from weight lifting. I understand that it is important to take a week off now and then from the weights to give your muscles a good rest. I will still be doing cardio. I hope to get in 1.5 hours of cardio a day.

Living Fit Is My #1 Job!

10 comments:

"The Captain" said...

You know some people have never commented that I have lost weight. Great job

Christine said...

Congrats on the loss! That's great! I asked my husband the other night - I asked "How much weight do I need to lose before people will notice?" - I see it in my clothes a bit, but when I return to work tomorrow (after 6 weeks of being off) will people notice? Will they say anything? Do I want them too? Eeeeks. Take care and keep up the awesome work.

Apex Zombie said...

Mate, congratulations! That's a huge loss! 64.6 lbs! Man! Haha. That's just so awesome!

Oh, hey, one thing about the blog. On your left sidebar, you've got a youtube video. I don't know if it's happening just on my computer, but it's kind of encroaching on your post.

Anyway man, keep it up. You're going great guns!

celtic_girl said...

Well done on the loss, you rreally doing great

Half Man said...

Thanks for the encouragement.

FTL, I took out the video link and put in an audio link. Let me know if this is doing any encroahing.

Lily T said...

It took you 65 lbs for someone to comment! Maybe your circle of friends and family isn’t as superficial as mine. Mine are still barraging me with comments about the measly 15 lbs I’ve had off for the past month.

Sayre said...

Wow - good job!!! I weigh in tomorrow. I honestly don't know what to expect. I've been good with food and with exercise, but unfortunately, hormones also come into play, so I have no idea WHAT the scale will say.

Crabby McSlacker said...

Congratulations on losing a 9 year old!

(Just don't send him over to my house!)

TitanThirteen said...

Awesome loss! Keep up the great work! :o)

In regards to someone noticing your weight loss, I went to Weight watchers a few years ago, and lost 30 kilos [66 pounds] and only 2 people noticed. I was REALLY disheartened by it! I would ask trustworthy people, "Can you tell i've lost a lot of weight?" And they'd answer honestly, "Not really. Maybe a little around your face." I really let it get to me.
So that just added to the "What the hell" attitude that piled it all back on, with intorest!
Don't be disheartened. As long as YOU can notice it, and how it feels to have it gone, that's all that matters :o)

Moby Dick said...

Wow, 3.6 lbs? You may be the Weight Loss Winner this week!