Pages

Weight Loss Ticker

Monday, July 9, 2007

Week 23 Weigh-In

This morning I weighed 305 lbs. which is 5.4 lbs. less than last week. Wow!!! This gives me a total of 75 lbs. lost, the average weight of an eleven year old boy. My body fat measures 32.9% (-0.2) giving me 100.3 lbs of fat (-2.4 lbs) and 204.7 lbs. of lean (-3 lbs.). My waist measures 55 inches which is down 0.25.

Breaking 300 lbs. is now in sight. I hope to do so by the end of the month if not sooner. Of all the weight milestones, this will be a huge deal. Psychologically, 300+ lbs. is very depressing. When I think I have lost 75 lbs., but am still over 300, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I know it shouldn't and I should be proud of the weight I lost, but that's how I feel. So when I break 300, it should be a huge psychological boost for me.

This week I have a job interview which sounds promising. But it makes me sick. It would mean a complete career change. I have invested the last 16 years of my life into my current profession. I have thought about leaving it many times. Now that it looks like it will happen, I am not so sure I want to leave. Actually, I wouldn't if something had materialized near my dad's house. At this point, I know it's the right thing to do logically, but my heart isn't quite there yet. I don't know what has happened to me. When I was younger, I would have loved such a challenge in my life. Oh well, what will be will be.

Living Fit Is My #1 Job!

10 comments:

Kim Ayres said...

Way to go! Over 5lbs! Once you hit 300, you'll also have lost 20% of your bodymass, which is quite something.

Of course there's still a long way to go, but you do have to focus on your achievements. Quite simply, where would you be if you hadn't initiated your changes 6 months ago? You'd still be 375. In fact, you'd probably be even heavier.

You're not just lighter, you're healthier too. Remember, your life doesn't start once you reach your target weight, it started once you began the changes in your lifestyle.

As for the job, I don't know enough about your circumstances to offer much advice. Any big change is going to create a deal of nerves, but try and look at it this way -

If you didn't go for it, in 5, 10, 15 years, would you be always wondering "What if...?" Your reaction to that question will tell you a great deal about what it means to you.

Sayre said...

I second Kim. 75 is a huge accomplishment and the job change may be just what you need to shake up your world a bit.

Of course, starting over completely when you have 4 children and one due to arrive any time is very scary. Lots of what ifs. But my father did it and said it was the best thing he ever did. I hope things turn out as well for you.

Congratulations on both!!!

"The Captain" said...

Halfman,
Congratulations. Those 5 lb weeks make up for 1/2 lb or goose egg weeks. Your sticking with the milestones. They are markers on your journey.
Jeff

Christine said...

Woooowiiiee. Good for you! That's an amazing week for you! Good luck on the maybe career change - who knows? Maybe it will be great. Take care and have a great week! Blow it out of the water!

Apex Zombie said...

Holy moly!

Wow, dude, congratulations! Man, huge congratulations!

Good luck with the job interview! You'll do great.

Peace

ArleneWKW said...

Congratulations on getting rid of the 75 lbs. and being so close to such a milestone weight. A word of caution, probably unnecessary, about the 5.4 lb. loss. Your next weigh in may be a disappointment. Even with hard work, you may show a very tiny loss or even a slight gain. Normal fluctuation enters into this. It works the other way too. An unexpectedly small loss may precede a large loss as in the case.

The important thing, as Kim points out, is the lifestyle changes that you're making. The variation in the numbers from week to week can be motivating or disappointing. The lifestyle changes will get you where you want to be and will enable you to maintain your success.

Half Man said...

Everyone - I really appreciate all your support. It makes a big difference for me.

Kim - I completely agree. Still, I think it will be a huge psychological boost to say two hundred rather than three hundred.

Sayre and Christine- Moving will be a great thing for me, and I hope the job change will be too.

FLG - Thanks

Captain and Arlene - That's a good point, and I will try to keep that in mind.

Josh said...

Dude, this is BIG. Milestones are a momentous occasion.

This job thing is wonderful! You've thought about changing, and it's finally here! Congrats! What? Still worried?

I saw Randall Tobias, former CEO of Eli Lilly and former Bush administration "AIDS czar," give a speech at Butler University once. He made the best analogy ever about change.

Do you wear a watch? Wear it on the other wrist today. Just a watch, right? Just one day, right? Simple, right? Nope. Change, ANY change is always met with resistance.

Now think about your career change. Accept that it's hard. However, that's no reason to not do it.

Moby Dick said...

Congratulations! Pretty awesome accomplishment. I was able to drop under 300 lbs. several months ago, and it is a major milestone. You are going to feel incredible!

Half Man said...

Josh - You are right change is hard. I just hope I am not going to do something I will regret.

Spider - Thanks. I hope to get there by the end of the month.