Pages

Weight Loss Ticker

Thursday, May 30, 2013

May 30th Weigh-In & THE PLAN

Sunday, our daughter was confirmed and we had an open house.  This meant walking tacos, meatballs, German potato salad, crackers, cake, etc...  On Memorial Day, we cooked dogs and brats on the grill along with left overs from the party.  I didn't even bother to record what I ate.  This was partly because it would be too hard to recall and estimate portion sizes and partly because I simply didn't want to hold myself accountable.

I wasn't as restrained as I planned to be.  I was more restrained than I would have been 2 months ago.  I figured that I would pay for it at the scale. 

I lost 2 lbs.  So did I pay for it?  Who knows?  I was thrilled that I didn't gain or even maintain, but lost.  Perhaps, I would have lost more had I not eaten so poorly.  The scale is a funny thing.  I think water retention can make it look like you haven't lost any when you have or like you have lost when you haven't.  Also, I think that your body's weight loss or gain isn't based on any one meal, one day, or even one week.  I believe that the body responds to consistency over time (If that makes any sense).  I weigh 14.5 lbs. less then I did two months ago.  That is the result of consistency over time.

THE PLAN
My plan is quite simple: 

Food
Record everything I eat which I do using "fitday.com".   I try to keep my fat consumption under 30%, my calories under 2200 (I am 6'2"), eat unprocessed foods, and eat lots of veggies. 

Exercise
Currently I run 3 days a week and weight train 3 days a week.  I plan to add three days of another cardio activity like bike riding. 

My over all philosophy is to behave like someone who is fit. After all...


Living Fit Is My #1 Job!

No comments: