Pages

Weight Loss Ticker

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

"Workouts" NOT, exercise routine

Like the word "diet," I havea hang-up with the word "workout." In my mind, "working out" is something you do to lose weight, but once you lose the wieght, you can quit. A routine is something that I always do, like brush my teeth every morning. I don't brush my teeth until the dentist says that my teeth are in good shape and then quit. It's simply something I always do. So, I am making exercise a part of my routine. Again, I am no expert. I have read a few non-fad type exercise books and have come up with the following routine for myself.

Mondays & Thursdays: Morning=30 min. cardio (video or other activity) Late afternoon=10 min. stationary bike + Upper body weight training + 20 min. staionary with 20-30 sec. speed bursts every 5 min.

Tuesdays & Fridays: Morning=30 min. cardio (video or other activity) Late afternoon=10 min. stationary bike + mid and lower body weight training + 20 min. staionary with 20-30 sec. speed bursts every 5 min.

Wednesdays & Saturdays: 60 min. cardio

All my weight training is done at home with dumbbells and a bench. I bought a nice sturdy bench at fitness equipment store which can be adjusted all the way to a sitting position.

All the strength training is done with the goal of 3 sets of 12 reps. Weights should be heavy enough to make this difficult. Although I do one set of light weights in order to warm up the muscle a bit more.

This is the third day of that I have started this structured exercise routine. So far, so good.

No comments: